Miranda Maverick has doubled down on her call-out to fight number-fifteen-ranked flyweight contender Molly McCann.
Molly McCann suffered a devastating first-round submission defeat to twelve-ranked flyweight Erin Blanchfield at last night’s UFC 281 event. The outcome was no surprise to Maverick, in fact, during a chat with WMMA Rankings earlier in the week, Maverick predicted McCann’s exact fate.
“I think Erin will submit Molly within the first round this Saturday.” Maverick said during an exclusive chat with WMMA Rankings.
Following McCann’s defeat, Maverick took to her Twitter page to once again issue a call-out.
“You all know who I want next… I said it 2 fights ago but here we are again. We had fights a week apart & I’m willing to fight in your backyard. Whatcha say @MeatballMolly @mickmaynard2 @danawhite @ufc @lcasportsmanagement Heal up so we can have a good dance 💃🏻.” she wrote.
Maverick has been calling out McCann for a long time and has expressed her disbelief at the fact McCann is ranked in the top fifteen whilst she isn’t. The 25-year-old is coming off an impressive two-fight win streak with victories over Shanna Young and Sabina Mazo. She has gone 4-2 since signing with the UFC with her sole defeats coming by way of a unanimous decision to Erin Blanchfield, as well as a very controversial split decision to Maycee Barber.
Fight fans, is Miranda Maverick vs. Molly McCann the next fight to make? Let us know in the comments section below.