Invicta FC is upping the stakes.
The promotion officially announced on Tuesday morning that a new strawweight champion will be crowned at Invicta FC: Phoenix Rising on May 3.
The 115-pound belt was recently vacated by Virna Jandiroba when she signed with the UFC to face Carla Esparza.
Invicta announced the Phoenix Rising series earlier this year. It is a one-night, single elimination tournament between eight strawweights.
In addition to announcing that the winner will be crowned champion, the promotion revealed the quarterfinal matchups.
- Invicta veteran Mizuki Inoue (13-5) vs. wrestling standout Sharon Jacobson (5-4)
- Former Invicta title challenger Janaisa Morandin (10-2) vs. Briana “The Bull” Van Buren (5-2)
- UFC veteran Danielle Taylor (10-4) vs. fellow UFC veteran Juliana Lima (9-5)
- UFC veteran and Hawaii’s Kailin Curran (4-6) vs. unbeaten Sunna Davidsdottir (3-0) of Iceland
Also featured on the card:
- 19-year-old Kay Hansen (4-2) vs. Invicta newcomer Magdalena Sormova (7-1)
- Invicta vet Amber Brown (7-5) vs. Manjit (11-2)
- Alyssa Krahn (5-2) vs. Itzel Esquivel (4-2)
Laura Sanko will be making her commentary debut on the card.
Which Phoenix will rise on May 3?