It’s been a very active weekend for Women’s MMA with the all female promotion Invicta FC hosting an event on Friday. As well as two UFC events and a Bellator event on Saturday, all of which featured women’s bouts.
Friday night saw Invicta FC hit it’s 20th show, and the big winner of the night and the whole weekend was no doubt Yana ‘Foxy’ Kunitskaya. ‘Foxy’ shocked the world by submitting long reigning Bantamweight champion Tonya Evinger in round 1 via an Armbar.
Saturday saw two UFC events. Marion Reneau displayed tremendous improvement with excellent striking and clinch work, she got the TKO win over Milana Dudieva in the third round. TUF 23’s Amanda Bobby Cooper got the unanimous decision win over Anna Elmose. Claudia Gadelha got the dominant unanimous decision win over Cortney Casey, not without controvery however as in Round 3 Gadelha delivered a possible illegal kick whilst Casey was still on the ground, no points were deducted.
At Bellator 165 the Number 3 Flyweight in the world Sarah D’Alelio took out rising prospect Jamielene Nievera in Round 1 via Armbar. Keri Melendez, who is trained by her husband UFC superstar Gilbert Melendez made her Pro-MMA debut on the main card getting the KO victory over Sheila Padilla in just 47 seconds.
Next weekend see’s the UFC return to Australia with Strawweight action Seo Hee Ham vs Danielle Taylor at UFC Fight Night 101 on Saturday.
Below are the full results for this weekends WMMA events.
Invicta FC 20
(135 title) – Yana Kunitskaya defeats Tonya Evinger via Armbar at 1:59 of round 1
(115 title) – Angela Hill defeats Kaline Medeiros via Unanimous Decision
(105) – Hérica Tibúrcio defeats Simona Soukupova via Unanimous Decision
(115) – Ashley Yoder defeats Amber Brown via Armbar at 2:31 of round 2
(135) – Pam Sorenson defeats Jessy Jess via Split Decision
(115) – J.J. Aldrich defeats Lynn Alvarez via Unanimous Decision
(135) – Alexa Conners defeats Stephanie Egger via Split Decision
(115) – Miranda Maverick defeats Samantha Diaz via RNC at 4:26 of round 1
UFC Fight Night 99 and 100
(115) – Amanda Cooper defeats Anna Elmose via Unanimous Decision
(135) – Marion Reneau defeats Milana Dudieva via TKO at 3:03 of round 3
(115) – Claudia Gadelha defeats Cortney Casey via Unanimous Decision at UFC Fight Night 100
(115) – Keri Melendez defeats Sheila Padilla via KO(punches) at :47 of round 1
(125) – Sarah D’Alelio defeats Jaimelene Nievera via Armbar at 4:46 of round 2
(115) – Xiaonan Yan vs Emi Fujino ruled a NC(cut caused by accidental headbutt) at ROAD FC (115) – Jemma Thomas defeats Anya Hynes via Unanimous Decision at WFC-UK 3
(130) – Mandy Böhm defeats Sandra Redegeld via TKO at 2:25 of round 1 at GMC 9
(120) – Cynthia Calvillo defeats Gillian Robertson via Unanimous Decision at GKO 8
(125) – Angela Danzig defeats Julie Daniels via Unanimous Decision at KOTC: Warp Speed
(125) – Daiane Firmino defeats Natalia Silva via Unanimous Decision at Batalha MMA 4
(135) – Lucie Pudilova defeats Alexandra Buch via Guillotine Choke in round 1 at Clash FC