The PFL is gearing up for a strong 2019.
This year, eight women will compete for the inaugural PFL women’s lightweight championship and a $1 million prize.
When the PFL first announced that they were hosting a women’s lightweight tournament, fight fans were left wondering who would fill in the brackets.
They will have to wonder no more– on Friday, the promotion revealed the lightweight roster, featuring some notable names:
- Kayla Harrison (3-0) –PFL star, undefeated Olympic gold medalist
- Sarah Kaufman (20-4) –former StrikeForce bantamweight champion, UFC veteran, current Invicta FC bantamweight champion
- Genah Fabian (1-0) –New Zealand kickboxer
- Bobbi Jo Dalziel (4-0) –undefeated knockout artist
- Svetlana Khautova (2-0) –Russian mixed martial artist
- Roberta Samad (4-1) –Bellator featherweight
- Larissa Pacheco (11-2) –UFC veteran, TUF 28 featherweight contestant
- Morgan Frier (4-1) –American knockout artist
PFL President of Fighter Operations Ray Sefo said in a press release; “Kayla Harrison is a U.S. household name and the favorite heading into the season, but she’ll be facing strong competition from around the world, including top fighters from Brazil, Canada, New Zealand, and Russia who want to enforce their will in the cage.“
The second season of PFL begins on May 9.
Are you excited for the lightweight tournament?