Invicta is returning.
The promotion announced it’s return in a press release on Tuesday. Invicta’s first event since the COVID-19 pandemic will take place on July 2 in Kansas City, Kan. at a TBD venue.
The card will be headlined by former UFC strawweight Juliana Lima (10-6) and former Bellator flyweight Emily Ducote (8-6).
Lima last fought in May 2019 at the Phoenix Series 1 strawweight tournament, losing by decision in the semifinals to eventual tournament winner Brianna Van Buren.
Ducote, a former Bellator title challenger, made a successful Invicta debut in August. In November, she challenged for the vacant strawweight title but lost a split-decision to current champion Kanako Murata.
The current Invicta FC 40 card:
- Emily Ducote vs. Juliana Lima
- Alesha Zappitella vs. Lindsey VanZandt
- DeAnna Bennett vs. Victoria Leonardo
- Liv Parker vs. Chelsea Chandler
- Laura Anderson vs. Claire Guthrie
- Genia Goodin vs. Shelby Koren