On Saturday July 15th, Invicta Fighting Championships will return for it’s 24th event from the Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City, Mo. (Scroll down for the results).
In the main event, former UFC star Milana Dudieva (11-5-0) makes her Invicta debut against Italy’s Mara Romero Borella. Russia’s Dudieva competed as a bantamweight inside the UFC octagon, however she believes as a flyweight she can compete at a much higher level. Borella (10-4-0) is on a four-fight winning streak, two of which include armbar submission victories. The 31-year-old is from Italy and currently trains at the Mixed Martial PRO Team KBJJS. She will be fighting in the USA for the first time when she battles Dudieva in on Saturday.
The most anticipated fight of the night is no doubt the co-main event, which serves as a 105-pound atomweight world title eliminator. Former title challenger Jinh Yu Frey (5-2-0) will take on Ashley Cummins (5-3-0). Frey looks to rebound from her controversial title defeat to Ayaka Hamasaki at Invicta FC 19 in September, while Cummins hopes to build on her decision victory over Amber Brown in her atomweight debut back in March.
The event streams live on UFC Fight Pass beginning at 8 p.m. ET.
(Results will be posted below as they happen).
– Jinh Yu Frey (6-2) def. Ashley Cummins (5-4) by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
– Pam Sorenson (6-2) def. Helena Kolesnyk (5-1) by submission (armbar). Round 1, 3:12
– Karina Rodríguez (5-2) def. Bárbara Acioly (4-1) by TKO (strikes). Round 1, 2:14
– Miranda Maverick (3-0) def. Gabby Romero (2-2) by unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 30-27)
– Sunna Rannveig Davíðsdóttir (3-0) def. Kelly D’Angelo (2-1) by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
– Felicia Spencer (3-0) def. Amy Coleman (2-2) by submission (rear-naked choke). Round 1, 3:17